Welcome to the Placement Office
Class of 2011 employment statistics show that graduates continue to be highly valued in the legal marketplace. According to U.S. News & World Report (2013), Florida State is the nation’s 23rd best, and Florida’s best, law school in terms of the percentage of 2011 graduates employed nine months after graduation in full-time, long-term, Bar admission-required or J.D.-preferred jobs. The Wall Street Journal has reported that we are the nation's 25th best law school, and Florida's best, in terms of placing graduates in jobs that require law degrees. Florida State is the only Florida law school rated in the top 50 on the preceding lists. More Placement Details.
The primary goal of the Placement Office is to provide students and alumni with the tools and skills they need to advance their careers.
Here are some of the ways the Placement Office can assist you:
- Providing comprehensive career services including individual advising/counseling to students and alumni;
- Building and maintaining dynamic relationships with a variety of legal employers;
- Conducting comprehensive career development research;
- Compiling employment and salary data; and
- Providing online access to job listings.