Social Work and Law

 The College of Law and the College of Social Work joint-degree programs in law and social work, J.D./M.S.W., permit the completion of both degrees concurrently. Current law students must meet with and submit all documents for admission to the College of Law Joint-Degree Coordinator before June 1st of their first year of law school. The College of Law Joint-Degree Program Coordinator will then submit their completed packet to the College of Law and the College of Social Work for approval. Any student who has completed M.S.W. coursework prior to matriculating to the College of Law, or who wishes to apply for the joint-degree following the completion of their first year of law school, must obtain prior written approval from the College of Law before applying for the joint-degree.

Applicants to the M.S.W. program must have a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university and an upper division (junior and senior) grade point average of 3.0 or better. Applicants should contact the School of Social Work to obtain specific information on the necessary GRE requirement. The College of Social Work will waive the GRE requirement for current College of Law students.

Social Work and Law Program Information

title-inside title-centered