At FSU Law, we are committed to the health and wellness of the whole student. Self care—both physical and mental—will help you to be more successful in law school and beyond.
Each semester, FSU Law hosts a Wellness Week to promote healthy living, stress reduction and habits that will help you through school and carry into your law practice. Previous Wellness Week activities have included time management workshops, yoga classes, safety trainings, crockpot classes, therapy animal visits, painting classes, meditation workshops, chair massages, mental health speakers and more!
Mental Health Resources
The University Counseling Center is a welcoming and confidential place to help students overcome challenges that may interfere with academic progress and emotional well-being. Law students may seek couples, group or individual counseling with no out-of-pocket expense.
Physical Health Resources
- The Leach Student Recreation Center and the Fitness & Movement Clinic — FSU students have access to the Leach Center—a 100,000-plus-square-foot gym featuring an indoor track overlooking a 16-lane indoor swimming pool, extensive cardio, strength and weight-lifting equipment, basketball and racquetball courts, and more. The Fitness & Movement Clinic offers more than 12,000 square feet of space for strength and cardio training and includes a private studio for small group training classes and space for wellness testing and consultation.
- Intramural Sports — FSU's Intramural Sports Program offers more than 40 individual team sports throughout the year.
- The Rez — The FSU Reservation, commonly called "The Rez," is a 73-acre facility with 10 active acres located on Lake Bradford. Just four miles from campus, law students can enjoy canoeing, kayaking, picnicking, swimming, sand volleyball, disc golf and many other activities in a unique natural setting.
The on-campus Health Center's many services include general medial care, women's health services, nutrition assessments, physical therapy, psychiatry, immunizations and more.
- American Bar Association: Wellness, Mindfullness, Work-life Balance
- American Bar Association for Law Students: Mental Health Essentials
- Association of American Law Schools: Section on Balance in Legal Education
- The Florida Bar Mental Health and Wellness Center
- The Florida Bar Young Lawyers Division: Health & Wellness
- Florida Lawyers Assistance
FSU Law Professor Lawrence Krieger
- Attorney Mental Health and Wellness
January 31, 2018 | The Florida Bar Podcast|
- The Surprising Master Key to Happiness and Satisfaction According to the Lawyer Research
January 2018 | The Florida Bar Journal
- Professor Krieger's Booklets for Law Student Guidance